The Government of Leningrad region is working on creation of industrial shipbuilding cluster.
The Association “Cluster of Marine Equipment Manufacturers and Shipbuilding Enterprises” was established in Leningrad region in order to create conditions for efficient interaction of the participants of the Cluster. The Association provides methodical, organizational, expert and analytical, informational support to development of the cluster.
volume of shipped products of the industry (2019)
volume of investments (2019)
thousand people total number of employees in the industry
Among potential members of the cluster are shipbuilding and ship repair yards, as well as manufacturers of marine equipment.
Enterprises participating in the cluster have unique scientific, technical and production potential which allows manufacturing a wide range of promising high technology products.
Key directions of scientific and technical industrial development
- increasing competitiveness and economic potential of participants of the cluster
- creation of conditions for wide access to innovations, new technologies and technical solutions, provision of technology transfer due to cooperation of the participants of the cluster
- creation of conditions for attraction of highly qualified personnel in shipbuilding industry and related sectors, as well as development of the system of training and advanced training of scientific, engineering and technical, managerial employees and production personnel
- modernization and comprehensive development of the infrastructure of the cluster
- creation of opportunities for launching joint investment projects, including simplification of access of the cluster’s participants to financial (credit) resources and government support
- contribution to development of small and medium-sized entrepreneurship in the cluster
- foreign economic integration and growth of competitiveness of the cluster’s participants based, among all, on support received by the projects of the cluster at domestic and foreign markets
Availability of large industrialshipbuilding and ship repair enterprises which can develop partnership
Availability of government supportin the region
Availability of the system for training of highly professional employees for shipbuilding industry and related sectors
Availability of developed transport infrastructure (seaports, highways, airways and railways) and convenient access to the key markets
Government support at the regional level:
- reduction of corporate income tax (from 18% to 13.5%)
- reduction of corporate property tax (from 2.2% to 0%)
- reduction of corporate income tax within special investment contract (SPIC) (from 17% to 5%) and reduction of corporate property tax (from 2.2% to 0%)
Government support at the federal level:
- subsidizing interest rate of credits on working capital financing and current activities
- partial reimbursement of expenses on research and development in priority directions of civil industry within the frameworks of implementation of comprehensive investment projects
- provision of loans at a rate of 5% per annum for 7 years amounting from 50 to 500 million rubles (Industry Development Fund)
- partial reimbursement of expenses on implementation of comprehensive projects on creation of hi-tech production with participation of Russian higher education organizations, state scientific institutions
The participants of the cluster are implementing the following projects:
- on modernization of production capacities (Pella Shipyard)
- on automation of production (Nevsky Shipyard)
- on technical re-equipment and modernization of production of marine equipment (GESER)
- on modernization and technical re-equipment (Vyborg Shipyard)