Economic Development Agency of Leningrad Region provides support to an investment project of Nord Stream 2 AG, which is the operator of Nordstream – 2 gas pipeline. Kingiseppsky district is a territory where the comprehensive environmental and social initiatives programme of NordStream 2 is being implemented for several years.
Recently the company shared the main results of the programme over the past 2020:
- More than 100 social and environmental projects by the end of 2020.
- The concept of management of Kurgalsky nature reserve for protection of its biodiversity.
- 150 ha of Kurgalsky nature reserve and the adjacent territories were cleared of Sosnowsky's hogweed.
- The Centre of Ingrian Language and Handicraft was opened, more than 1,300 people have already visited it.
- With the support of the company more than 200 volunteers cleared 125 ha of Kurgalsky nature reserve and the adjacent territories and collected more than 7 tonnes of garbage.
- 4,800 citizens participated in educational and festive events supported by the company.
- A unique playground Orlandia was constructed in the village of Bolshoe Kuzemkino.
- 64 applications were submitted to the small grants contest, which was held for the first time in Leningrad region and it was developed specifically for Kingiseppsky district.
The efforts of the company received recognition from the experts: the projects of Nordstream – 2 were recognized among the best in 2020 and received several awards: Leaders of Corporate Philanthropy, People Investor, Best Social Projects in Russia, EСO BEST Award.
In 2021 Nord Stream 2 will continue working on the key directions of its Environmental and social initiatives programme in Kingiseppsky district of Leningrad region.
Photo © Nord Stream 2