The petrochemical industry of Leningrad region brings together the main production enterprises operating in the petrochemical industry, and also organizations operating in auxiliary and supporting segments.
The petrochemical complex includes the following subsectors: production of coke and petroleum products, production of chemicals and production of rubber and plastic products.
The share of petrochemical enterprises in the structure of shipped goods of manufacturing industries is 45%.
Volume of shipped goods manufactured by petrochemical enterprises (billion rubles):
production of coke and petroleum products
production of rubber and plastic products
Volume of investments in fixed assets (million rubles):
Production of coke and petroleum products
Production of rubber and plastic products
2021 (% in comparison with 2020)
2022 (% in comparison with 2021)
Manufacture of main products in petrochemical complex:
bottles, flasks and similar plastic goods
plastic packaging products
% in comparison with 2021
Development prospects of petrochemical complex of Leningrad region depend directly on development priorities of its leading participants. The main development prospects are:
- deepening the processing of hydrocarbon and mineral raw materials based on the latest technologies;
- increasing the volume of produced and sold goods, including those within import substitution;
- increasing the volume of non-resource export of industrial products by the participants of the cluster;
- reducing import of certain types of chemical products and raw materials;
- introduction of industrial products of the cluster to new promising markets;
- increasing investment activity of the participants of the cluster;
- increasing value added created by the participants of the cluster
- provision of the cluster with employees to due to intra-cluster cooperation and involvement of educational institutions in the work of the cluster.
Government support at the regional level:
- reduction of corporate income tax (from 17% to 13.5%)
- reduction of corporate property tax (from 2.2% to 0%)
- reduction of corporate income tax within special investment contract (SPIC) (from 17% to 5%) and reduction of corporate property tax (from 2.2% to 0%)
Government support at the federal level:
- provision of loans with the rate from 1 to 5% per annum for 5 years amounting from 50 to 500 million rubles (Industry Development Fund)
- partial reimbursement of expenses on research and development in priority directions of civil industry within the frameworks of implementation of comprehensive investment projects
- partial reimbursement of expenses on implementation of comprehensive projects on creation of hi-tech production with participation of Russian higher education organizations, state scientific institutions
- subsidy for compensation of loan interest on implementation of investment projects in chemical industry