Boksitogorsky district is located in the southeastern part of Leningrad region. It borders Vologda region in the east and Novgorod region in the south. Its territory adjoins Tikhvinsky district in the west and the north-west.
Distance to Saint Petersburg: 250 km
Administrative centre: Boksitogorsk
Area: 7.2 thousand km2
Population: 48,625 people (urban population – 78.2%, rural population – 21.8%)
The territory of the district is intersected from the west to the east by railways and motorways which connect Saint Petersburg and Vologda. Total length of roads in Boksitogorsky district is 1,377 km, including federal (7%), regional (35%) and local, including roads inside settlements (58%). There are 8 railway stations in the territory of the district.
Economy: the economy of the district is based on industry, which makes 92% of the total volume of the produced goods, performed work and services. Over 9 months of 2020 the volume of produced goods, performed work and services amounted to 20,785 million rubles (in 2019 – 27,686.8 million rubles).
- RUSAL Boksitogorsk JSC – production of other non-metallic mineral products
- Pikalevskaya Soda JSC – chemical production
- BEMP LLC (Baltic Electromechanical Enterprise) – production of electrical equipment
- Pikalyovskiy Сement JSC – production of cement
- MM Holz Efimovskij LLC – wood procurement and processing