Tosnensky district is one of the largest districts of Leningrad region, it is located in the central part of the region.
Distance to Saint Petersburg: 53 km
Administrative centre: Tosno
Area: 3,601.9 square km
Population: 126,915 people (urban population – 73.5%, rural population – 26.5%)
Infrastructure: Tosnensky district is one of the largest districts in Leningrad region, it is located in its central part (40 km away from Saint Petersburg). The district has great transport and transit potential: developed transport infrastructure, its railways and roads are included in the system of international transport corridors which connect Saint Petersburg with Moscow and other regions in Russia, it also has great potential of socio-economic development.
Economy: Tosnensky district has developed industrial and agricultural potential, it occupies one of the leading positions in Leningrad region in terms of the volume of produced industrial goods.
More than 30 large and medium-sized industrial enterprises, including those with foreign capital, manufacture products demanded by the market in such spheres as chemimcal industry, production of rubber and plastic goods, mechanical engineering, production of machinery and equipment, production ceramic products, production of domestic electric devices.
Over 9 months of 2020 the volume of shipped industrial products amounted to 36.8 billion rubles.
- Henkel RUS – production of varnishes, paints, glues and gelatin
- Tosno Mechanical Plant (ToMeZ) – production of special purpose vehicles
- Factory named after Kalinin – production of weapons and ammunition
- Caterpillar Tosno – manufacture of machines and equipment for minerals extraction
- Tubex – production of packaging made of lightweight materials
- Nefrit Ceramics – production of ceramic tiles
- Keramzit – production of mineral thermal insulation and soundproofing materials and goods
- Tosno Mixed Fodder Factory – production of mixed fodder
- Interfoam-SPb – production of plastic and synthetic resin in primary forms
- Pelgorskoe-M – peat extraction
- Sotrans City – repair of vehicles, maintenance of freight transport, cargo transportation
- Techwood.ru – production of wooden building materials
- Fiskars Brands Rus – production of tools
- Interfill – production of soaps, detergents and polishes
- Heating Equipment – production of major home appliances Thermex
- Signal – production of various special purpose machines and equipment and components for them
- Roca Rus – production of ceramic sanitary ware
- Vineta – designing and production of mechanical engineering goods for shipbuilding industry, atomic industry and energy industry enterprises
- Piterwood – timber sawing, planning and impregnation
- Jotun Paints – production of paints, varnishes and similar coatings