The territory of this district covers a large part of the southern area of the Karelian Isthmus, its longest part stretches from the south to the north for 82 km, and from the east to the west for 56 km. The eastern border of this district is the shore of Lake Ladoga. The district borders Priozersky district in the north and Vyborgsky district in the north-west. It borders the Neva river in the south for 44 km and Saint Petersburg city limits in the east.
Distance to Saint Petersburg: 10 km
Administrative centre: Vsevolozhsk
Area: 2,945 km2
Population: 438,607 people (urban population – 67.9%, rural population – 32.1%)
Infrastructure: the territory of Vsevolozhsky district is crossed by regional roads, their total length is 674 km. The main regional roads are: Saint Petersburg – Zaporozhskoye – Priozersk; Saint Petersburg – Morie; Saint Petersburg – Matoksa; Saint Petersburg – factory named after Sverdlov – Vsevolozhsk; Saint Petersburg – Koltushi; Pargolovo – Ogonki.
Total length of federal roads is 105 km. These roads include: Saint Petersburg – Vyborg – border with Finland (“Scandinavia” A-181); Saint Petersburg – Petrozavodsk – Murmansk – Pechenga – border with Norway (“Kola” R-21 (M-18)); Saint Petersburg Ring Road (“KAD” A-118); Saint Petersburg – Sortavala – R-21 “Kola” – (“Sortavala” A-121 (A-129)).
Economy: the total volume of shipped goods and services produced locally by large and medium-sized enterprises and organizations of Vsevolozhsky district has increased in 2019 by 10.9% in comparison with 2018 and amounted to 225.9 billion rubles (13.6% in the total volume of shipped goods and services of Leningrad region) – this is the highest index among all districts of Leningrad region.
- Smurfit Kappa Saint Petersburg – production of corrugated fiberboard, paper and cardboard packaging
- Building Materials Plant Etalon – production of bricks, tiles and other construction materials of baked clay
- Vsevolozhsky Meat Processing Plant – production of meat, offal
- Gestamp Severstal Vsevolozhsk – production of automotive components and engines
- Cement and Concrete Goods – extraction and transportation of construction sand
- Orion – production of plastic goods for packaging
- ORIMI – production of tea and coffee
- Ball Beverage Packaging Vsevolozhsk – production of metal drums and similar containers
- Polar Invest – production of concrete products for construction needs
- Nokian Tyres – production of tyres
- Ariston Thermo Rus – production of domestic electric devices
- Factory named after Morozov – production of weapons and ammunition