A regional economic recovery plan for the next two years was presented during a session of the Investment Council under the Governor of Leningrad Region.
The regional plan includes activities in five key directions:
- employment and population income
- small and medium-sized business
- support of industries
- digitalization of economy and social sphere
Deputy Chairman of the Government of Leningrad Region Dmitry Yalov noted that the plan will be implemented within several stages: stabilization of socio-economic development until the end of 2020, provision of sustainable growth of real income of the population and economy in 2021, recovery period.
One of the new support measures, proposed in the plan, is subsidies for infrastructure for implementation of new investment projects. As agreed with the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation, public budget loans received by the region. This sum amounts to 1.16 billion rubles in 2021-2023.
“Today we would like to invite you to discuss this document. We have a great opportunity to discuss with business our actions, measures that should be included in the regional document. This will allow us to adopt a plan, adapted to the needs of investors and industrial enterprises, in autumn,” noted Dmitry Yalov.
One of priorities of the Investment Council is practical attention to investment projects and assistance in project implementation in the region.
First Deputy Chairman of the Committee for Economic Development and Investment Activity of Leningrad Region Anton Finogenov reported about implementation of decisions made during previous sessions of the Investment Council.
Investors presented their plans and current issues concerning four projects:
- VR-tour to Scaffolds Plant and expansion plans of the company.
- Preparations for launch of production by F.Skrupskoy in Pikalevo Industrial Park
- Plans of Murino shopping mall for construction of administration and business centre in Murino
- Construction of a factory for production of corrugated cardboard packaging by TD TransPak