Growth points in the new reality
How economic activity can be stimulated in the conditions of crisis?
We asked these questions to experts during an online conference “After quarantine. Crisis and countermeasures” and collected an interesting range of opinions. We are sharing a small, but valuable summary.
“Private business is a driver of economic growth,” emphasized the head of the economic team of Leningrad region Dmitry Yalov. He believes that the key factor is creation of hi-tech clusters and expansion of value chains in the branches of economy which are traditional areas of natural competitiveness of the country – oil and gas industry, fertilizers, metals, wood processing.
What other growth points were noted by the experts?
- We should look for meanings. Money comes if there is an idea. For example, development of the territory of the country.
- Active stimulation of consumer demand.
- Stimulation of investment projects: provision of available and cheap loan funds for investment projects, tax benefits.
- Stimulation of export, including by means of subsidizing expenses on launching export activities.
- Subsidies for salaries and reduction of load in terms of insurance payments.
- Improvement of labour productivity, introduction of automation and robotization.
Full version of the conference is available at our YouTube channel.