Kirovsky district is located in the central part of Leningrad region, to the east from Saint Petersburg, in the basin of the following rivers: the Neva, the Mga, the Tosno, the Moyka, the Naziya, the Ryabinovka and the Lava. The district adjoins Lake Ladoga in the north and it is bordered by the territories of Volkhovsky, Kirishsky, Tosnensky districts in the south. The district is connected with central regions of the country by means of rail and road transport. The district has river transport connection with Lake Ladoga and access to the Baltic Sea.
Distance to Saint Petersburg: 42 km
Administrative centre: Kirovsk
Area: 2 590.5 km2
Population: 106,016 people (urban population – 89.9%, rural population – 10.1%)
Infrastructure: Kirovsky municipal district is connected with Saint Petersburg and other districts of Leningrad region by means of rail and road transport. The main transport transit corridors pass the territory of Kirovsky district: Kola highway (M18), Magistralnaya highway (A120). Oktyabrskaya railway line Saint Petersburg – Volkhovstroy passes the district and provides access to the north and east of Russia.
There is river connection that provides access for small-sized vessels to Lake Ladoga and the Baltic Sea. The territory of the district has a berth in Kirovsk, a port on the Neva river in the town of Otradnoye which is the main platform of Leningrad River Port OJSC. There is also Volga-Baltic waterway passing the territory of the district which connects the Neva River basin with the Volga and Severnaya Dvina basins.
Economy: Kirovsky district is a developed district of Leningrad region with diversified economy included in top 10 the most economically developed districts of the region. The main branches of economy are industial production, agriculture, wholesale and retail trade, transport and communications, construction.
In 2019 the volume of shipped goods produced by the industrial entreprises amounted to 59 billion rubles, which is 53.2% more than in 2018. The average number of employees in industrial production (manufacturing industries, mineral extraction, production and distribution of electric power, gas and water) came to 6,200 people in 2019. The average salary in industry in 2019 - 59,600 rubles, which is 5.1% higher than last year.
The share of industry in the total volume of produced goods, performed works and services is 65.2%.
- PIT-PRODUCT – production of prepared and canned food made of meat, poultry, meat offal and animal blood
- Petroproduct-Otradnoye – production of spices and seasonings
- Lyubimy Kray Confectionery Association – manufacture of bakery products and confectionery products of long-term storage
- Pella Shipyard – construction and repair of ships
- Pella-Fiord – construction and repair of ships
- Intro-Pella – construction and repair of ships
- Laky Verf – construction and repair of ships
- Nevsky Shipyard – construction and repair of ships
- Aris and Geser – production of equipment for shipbuilding
- Pavlovsk Plant – production of concrete goods for construction
- MC-Bauchemie – production of dry mix concrete
- Ladoga Plant – production of devices and instruments for measurement, control, experiments, navigation, management and other purposes
- Remos Alpha – production of corrugated fiberboard, paper and cardboard packing
- Kampes – mineral extraction
- Constructor Rus – production of bent steel profiles